Dermaplaning is a form of manual exfoliation similar in theory to microdermabrasion but without the use of suction or abrasive crystals. An aesthetician grade, sterile blade is stroked along the skin at an angle to gently “shave off” dead skin cells from the epidermis. Dermaplaning also temporarily removes the fine vellus hair off the face (peach fuzz), leaving a very smooth surface. As with any type of exfoliation, the removal of dead skin cells allows home care products to be more effective, reduces the appearance of fine lines, evens skin tone and assists in reducing milia, closed and open comedones, and minor breakouts associated with congested pores. The Benefits of Dermaplaning:
- Provides deeper product penetration.
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils.
- Promotes smoother skin.
- Safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and “peachfuzz”
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars.
- Diminishes the look of fine lines.
- Works on all skin types.
211 Martindale Road, St. Catharines, ON, L2S 3V7
- 682. 6688